This lady named Dory Radditz is the campground manager for Butterfly Lake campground. She is up there all by herself (if you can imagine doing that) She has been camping there since the first of July and will be there until they close the campground for cold weather. We stayed there for 3 days and I paid for the campground daily $14, so I talked to her everyday. She was very interesting. She's just staying there in a tent...which I was scared, even having Mike with me, because there has been bear sightings at Mirror Lake only a few miles away. I finally got up the nerve to ask her if I could take her picture, the last night we stayed there. She said it was her 69th birthday that day, so we all sang her Happy Birthday, which nearly brought her to tears. I asked her how she was able to camp there for that long...since I was sick of it after only 3 days. She said she grew up in a house without electricity and plumbing and she loves to be alone...so she loves it. She said she was more scared living in Phoenix, where she's from, than being afraid of being there alone. She has a thick accent, where she pronounces her vowels, so I asked her if she was from North Dakota or Minnesota, she said she was originally from Wisconsin, so she finds it funny that she's living in the woods of Utah, for a time. I told her that my brother was born in Wisconsin. We visited for a long time..we left her all of our leftover wood, which was a ton, she was very very happy about that. She said she has to scrounge around for everyones leftover wood, so in return she gave Kylie a "Littlest Pet shop" toy that she had found and some fishing stuff. Aparantly she finds a lot of stuff, cuz her campground was chuch full of stuff...she doesn't know how shes going to get it all home. Anyway, it was a lot of fun to get to know her.
Give Me Free Robux
5 years ago














1 comments:
Wow thats amazing, to think of it now for a split second it sounds kind of fun, but then I come back to reality and know that I would pee my pants if I were out in the middle of no where all by myself. Especially in a tent,(no locking doors). She is very brave, and good job Sis, on befriending her, Im inspired.
Post a Comment