Thursday, April 16, 2009

Jordyn Jordyn Jordyn

What are we going to do with that girl...today we got a call from her jr. high. It was the resource officer calling and I thought...My sweet Jordyn is in trouble??? See I'm used to phone calls for Ty, but never for Jordyn. But he was actually calling because she dislocated her knee again, right in the class room. All she was doing was hopping up on a stool. So we hurried over there and she was freaking out, it was still dislocated. She was shaking so hard that, I thought she was going to hyperventalate. We calmed her down and talked her into pulling her kneecap back on. Since I've had my knee dislocated, I totally know how bad it hurts and how she feels. But I also know that the longer the kneecap is off, the more rehab you need. When I dislocated mine, I was on crutches for 6 weeks, because me kneecap was off for at least an hour. Anyway, we took her up to the doctor, luckily we got her right in to a specialist. He said she has to wear a full knee immobilizer for 3 weeks, then a smaller one for 6 weeks. He wants to do surgery if it does it again. The surgery would only be kind-of a 1/2 surgery to tighten the side-to-side muscles. Or we can wait it out for 18 months until she's done growing to do the up and down muscles too. I don't know what we're going to do. Poor Girl

4 comments:

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

Wow, poor Jordyn! Tell her to feel better and to milk it for all it's worth. : ) jkjk

Janette said...

yeouch! Sounds so painful--I hope she's not in pain!

admin. said...

Stop doing that and thats an order.
Ps. did you get Jordyn's blog fixed to accept comments? Get better Jor.

Rena said...

Poor George! Awwwwww! Get batter soon!