Wednesday, October 28, 2009

If you're squimish don't look!!


Have you ever seen such a disgusting creature?? 

When we were at Rena's house for the party this weekend, her husband found this bug on the golf course.

We thought since we were on the Dugway Proving Ground base, that it might be a mutant creature, created from all of the chemicals there on the base. It looks like a combination of a wasp, a grasshopper and a gigantic ant. But...

It turns out that it's not so rare.  It lives here in the West and it's called a Jerusalem Cricket.  They're nocturnal, so that's why we don't see too much of them.  I hope I never see another one, once is enough.

3 comments:

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

Eww! Have you ever seen a Camel Cricket? Those things are truly freaky. Our house in Belgrade had them so bad that when we would go in the basement and flip on the light, we could hear them hopping for cover. So gross! Thanks for sharing! haha

Soda Springs Idaho Home For Sale said...

Bugs, spiders,mice, snakes, bats, sharks, octopus...I Don't like any of them. Yuck.

sinika said...

That is so gross. I need to show my boys though- they would love it...

I'm laughing though.. octopus! :)